Library Hours: Monday-Friday--7:30-2:30 (Subject to change)
Gadsden County High School Library Media & Technology Department strives to ensure that all students and staff members have regular, ready access to media services, materials, and equipment.
The mission of the Gadsden County High School Library Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- providing instruction in information literacy
- providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- stimulating interest in reading
- promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
Following simple rules makes everyone's visit to the media center more enjoyable and more productive. Here are the basic rules for the library:
Students entering the media center during class time must have a hall pass to the media center with name and date.
Be QUIET--the library is a place of quiet study.
No food, drinks, or gum.
No sitting on the floor.
Push in your chairs and pick up after yourself before you leave.
What is Plagiarism?
This ten minute tutorial from Acadia University (Canada) on plagiarism will give all the basic information on what plagiarism is and how to avoid it.